Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Paper Planes!


No, not THAT "Paper Planes!"


The new I'm From Barcelona single from their forthcoming Who Killed Harry Houdini? is entitled "Paper Planes" and is NOT an M.I.A. cover, however cool that would be.


"Paper Planes" has whet my appetite for this new album, which is due for release on October 14th. It is generally more restrained than equally catchy songs on 2006's Let Me Introduce My Friends. It's energy is still there, but the tone is a little more jaded -- a little less tirelessly optimistic -- than their super-mega-poppy debut. This less happy mood is hinted at by the dark and inquisitive album title.


I am excited. I have a feeling that this album won't suck as much as The Polyphonic Spree's sophomore effort.


And it has more banjo! Woo hoo!


I'm From Barcelona - Paper Planes (Who Killed Harry Houdini?, 2008)


BONO!!!:


I'm From Barcelona - Music Killed Me (Who Killed Harry Houdini?, 2008)


PRE-ORDER Who Killed Harry Houdini?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahh...The Polyphonic Spree...who could forget them?

Oh, wait. I could. And have.